Although I'm grateful of the acceptance of trainers as a chic alternative to flats, every designer is making a sneaker now. This means that the "try hard" factor is off the charts. I don't like it. Let's just be cool guys.
That being said, I'm always shopping for sneakers! I've done the research for you and found a round up of sneaks, that are cool and make a statement without doing too much.
1) Opening Ceremony High Top - the oxblood color with white soles? WHAT? Super fresh.
2) Rick Owens- ugly in the best way. Chances are no one will be wearing these but you.
3) Chuck Taylor - a classic chuck made of water resistant rubber
4) Margiela Replica In Velvet - I know this style feels "been there done that" but it's a classic fit and the gum sole make it great for shlepping
5) Eugene Riconneaus - Graphic, simple, impact but not too much
6) Madewell for Vans - of all the prints, python is king! Leave leopard alone for a season.
BOHEMIAN | NATURE GIRL
7) Aztec Printed Converse - on the nose? Maybe, but why not?
8) Reebok Mountain Sneaker - speaks for itself
9) Rose Gold Airmax or Mids - C'MON, it's rose. gold. DEAD.
10) Margiela Metallic Trainer - a new shape for Margiela in a sophisticated version of metallic
I'm a big believer in kicks with just about anything and the street style bloggers are giving us plenty of sneaker inspiration to work with.